Friday, September 2, 2016

Cand goes to Hells Gate, B.C., Canada

I haven't updated in a while, but seeing how Michelle just updated her blog... It feels like its my turn now! I got lots to post, and it will probably take me a while to post all my pictures! Anyway, here goes nothing!

Before my graduation in June 2016, my family came over to Canada. We got to visit Eastern Canada & USA (NYC, Boston, Montreal, Quebec City, and Toronto). Whenever my parents come to visit, we usually hang around in BC before embarking on our "big" trip. My family and I would visit several places in BC. Most of those places were the usual places we'd always visit, like Metrotown, Down Town Vancouver, Richmond, etc. Last time they were in Canada, we visited Lynn Suspension Bridge Park and Whistler, which were places further away from the city. 

This time my uncle suggested we visit Hells Gate in the small town of Boston Bar, BC. Hells Gate features the narrowing of the Fraser River at the southern Fraser Canyon. It was about a 3-4 hour drive from Burnaby. We left at about 7.30am and got there around 11am? 

Here is us, stopping somewhere along the drive for some photos! 



I don't even know how I had enough energy to curl my hair that morning... But I did! I ended up with a puffy face and relatively nice hair. Not too shabby, I guess?


Hells Gate attracts a lot of tourists (and we were some of them), and you have to take the airtram up so you can get the full view of the Fraser Canyon. I believe it was about $22/person (and maybe $20/senior). You can easily spend a couple of hours there so the price was quite okay - not cheap, but pretty reasonable. We were kinda lucky because the place was pretty empty when we were there! I prefer empty to crowded places... More photo opportunities? LOL #oops #sorrynotsorry



So here we are, waiting for the Air Tram, and I decided to take a picture of the flags. The picture below was taken when we were on the tram! It was pretty steep. 



The view from the suspension bridge.










There is no significance behind this giant chair. It was probably just a prop for photos. All I remember was that I had a hard time climbing up onto it. It's bigger than it looks ok! LOL! 



With my mommy, aunty, and uncle! It was a VERY windy and cold day at Hells Gate! 


Beautiful British Columbia 

I do miss Canada, and I wonder when I will be back... Hopefully, soon!


XX

No comments:

Post a Comment